Oxtail is really like the new Model C beef stew. It has become so popular with multiple different recipes from many different bloggers. I have tried an oxtail with wine and I have also tried an oxtail without wine, turns out I prefer the wineless one. Some people are sensitive to food cooked with wine because it is not a flavor, they are familiar with.
Oxtail can be enjoyed with Rice, Pap, Dumpling, Samp, Mash etc. Basically, any Starch or Veggies.
- Woolies BBQ Marinade
- Chopped Onion
- Diced Carrots
- Diced Robot Peppers
- 5ml Ground Ginger
- 5ml Rajah – All in One
- Tomato paste Sachet
- 500ml Beef Stock
- Marinade Oxtail Overnight with your Woolies BBQ sauce and a pinch of Salt.
- Brown your Oxtail in some Olive oil on high heat, careful not to burn it because marinade has sugar and sugar burns quickly.
- Remove the oxtail from the oil and add your chopped onion, Garlic, Carrots and Robot Peppers and cook on medium heat until they’re soft. (Trick I got from a friend)
- Add your preferred spices, mine were Rajah and Ground Ginger.
- Add back the Oxtail and some Tomato Paste and continue cooking for a couple of minutes without allowing it to burn.
- Add your Stock and allow it to simmer for a minimum of three hours + until your meat is nice and soft and can easily separate from the bone.
- Add soup if you will and allow to thicken for another few minutes then your Oxtail is ready.
NB! I prefer cooking all my stews with stock instead of water for more flavor.
Hi I am Simphiwe Malepe . Welcome to my lifestyle blog. I am passionate about topics that allow humans (Mostly Women) to grow spiritually and mentally. I love cooking, drinking wine and educating people about my passions in an unconventional way.